On 2015-12-06 13:47, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> Source: qt4-x11
> Version: 4:4.8.7+dfsg-5
> Severity: important
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> As reported in #806324 qgis FTBFS with a relocation error that seems to
> be caused by libQtUiTools.a from libqt4-dev:
>

> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtUiTools.a(quiloader.o):
>  unrecognized relocation (0x2a) in section `.text'
>
> Stangely it only affects testing, but not the same version in unstable.
>
> I hoped this was fixed with libqt4-dev (4:4.8.7+dfsg-5) that migrated to
> testing today, but unfortunately the issue persists.
>
> Can you confirm that this is an issue with the static libQtUiTools.a
> library on testing?

The problem is just that libQtUiTools.a has been built with the binutils
from unstable, which introduce new relocation types. The .o object files
(and thus static libraries) generated by binutils from unstable
therefore can't be processed by the one from testing.

Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net