Control: severity -1 important

On lunes, 25 de julio de 2016 12:17:55 P. M. ART Dominik George wrote:
> Control: severity -1 grave

Please: do not override a maintainer's severity.

> Hi,
>
> >Even more, a mail header can be "spoofed" using simpler tools, like an
> >smtp
> >server, thus I'm not really convinced that this bug deserves a "grave"
> >severity.
>
> Did you read all of this bug report?

I did. I will not emit a judgment on the security side of this as this is
really something I don't manage, but...

> 2. in my follow-up, I showed that in 16.04, legitimate HTML mail breaks the
> UI. This has nothing to do with spoofing - KMail breaks when opening
> random, legitimate mail. I cannot even click any controls in the mail view
> anymore. This affects daily, normal work with KMail and makes it unusable
> for reading legitimate mail. That is the definition of "grave functionality
> bug".

Yes, it breaks but:

- only on certain mails. Not any mail shows this behaviour. In fact I haven't
even seen it before and I use kmail daily.

- you can change the way headers are displayed and this bug doesn't shows up
(I have just tried your example with "Fancy headers"), so there is a known
work around.

So it might be annoying for you, but considering the above it does not meets
the RC criterion at least from the usability side.

On the other hand, please avoid expressions that might sound harsh like
"Please do something!" and "Did you read all of this bug report?". Always do
your best to be kind. After all you already did the only thing we can do:
report the bug upstream. We are volunteers trying to make things happen, we do
not get paid for doing this and definitely we are not your employees. A little
respect goes a long way :)

Thank you for your undertanding!

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.
If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/