On 2018-02-19 12:04:24 +0100, wm4 wrote:
> Yeah, that is strange. I didn't create a new user, because that would
> change nothing. I made sure to override all environment variables for
> the test.

Not everything is in the environment variables. There are also
user config files, which might matter even when they shouldn't
(let's recall that we are talking about bugs).

If there are still problems and you don't want to create a new user,
try at least something like (with a correct path):

$ mkdir /path/to/newhome
$ HOME=/path/to/newhome QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 vlc

(possibly with other environment settings).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>