Didier Dubois wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know How I can configure Sawfish+Evolution pn Debian
testing/stable to be able to read/write Russian Language?

I never used Evolution, but theoretically you should not do something with Evolution to read/write Russian in it.

What you  have to do is to configure your X box.
To read Russian you need to have cyrillic fonts installed.
If you use AntiAliasing, you should also have apropriate ttf fonts installed.

To configure input, you should add something like

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "ru"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:menu_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

To your  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

Note: till X 4.3 you can't have more than 2 keyboard variants at once (for example you can have English and Russian, but not English, Russian and Ukrainian).

Thanks a lot,
Xopocho, cpacibo,
Didier

Ответить