Hello,

First of all, my apologies since this is not directly debian related.. however, it is possible some people here may be able to help me out on this one.

I am trying to determine whether the "Message Security Assist Extension 1" facility (as described in the Sept 2005 z/Architecture Principle of Operation) may also be available in ESA/390 mode.

However, this requires a z9 machine to try out, which I do not have readily at hand.

To that effect, I was wondering if anyone having access to a z9, and that would be running a s390 (NOT s390x) flavor of the kernel could try out this little program and send back the results :

**** CUT HERE ****
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
int main()
{
       int     i;
       char    x[8];
       memset(x,0,8);
       asm volatile ( "la 0,0\n\
                       lr 1,%0 \n\
                       .byte 0xb9,0x2f,0x00,0x10"
                       : : "a"(x) : "0","1","memory");
       for(i=0;i<8;i++)
       {
               printf("%2.2X",x[i]);
       }
       printf("\n");
}
**** CUT HERE ****

There are also other facilities (STFLE comes to mind) I'd like to try out in s390 mode.. but later !

TIA,

--Ivan