Hi,

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 09:29:50PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> I'm working with the s390x wheezy release of Debian and I want to use
> the dcssblk to access some existing DCSSes. How do I configure the
> kernel to load the dcssblk driver and access the DCSS at boot time?
>
> I can do this manually after boot by a "modprobe dcssblk" and a "echo
> DCSSNAME > /sys/devices/dcssblk/add" but I want this done automatically
> at boot time?

I think that really depends on when you need the driver to be loaded. The usual
way would be to add a driver to /etc/modules. In theory the last script to
execute during the boot process would be /etc/rc.local, but you should try to
be idempotent there. Obviously that wouldn't help you if you need it ready for
any earlier script to run properly.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern