On Wed, 09 Jan 2019 07:24:00 +0200,
Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> We'd like to remove those libraries soon, but I am willing to wait a
> bit longer for someone to port linsmith to gtk3.

JFTR, I don't intend to work on this package.  I don't have time at
the moment, but more importantly I don't have the motivation, knowing
in advance that this is already fixed upstream.

(I spent good few days working on rasmol, glaring at those molecules
and fighting with ancient code, and the reward was that my work ended
up in the trashcan only because the maintainer didn't bother to write
one or two lines informing people that the issue is fixed upstream.  I
knew my patch was suboptimal but it still leaves a bitter taste in my
mouth -- I could have spent these days working on something else.)