On Fri, May 03, 2024 at 02:14:36PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> Le 02/05/2024 à 06:07, Julian Gilbey a écrit :
> > On Wed, May 01, 2024 at 03:04:56PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> > > Package: python3-spyder
> > > Version: 5.5.1+ds-1
> > > Severity: important
> > >
> > > Dear Maintainer,
> > >
> > > python3-spyder is no longer installable in sid; it depends (and
> > > build-depends) on pylint (< 3.1~) but pylint is currently 3.1.0-1 in
> > > unstable.
> > >
> > > Loosening the versioned dependency is enough to allow spyder to build,
> > > but I don't know whether that introduces runtime changes or not.
> > Dear Roland,
> >
> > That would be a reasonable thing to do.  Version 5.5.4 depends on
> > pylint >= 3.1.  I don't have time to do this right now, unfortunately,
> > so if someone else would like to make the required changes and upload
> > a patched version of 5.5.1 in the meantime, please feel free to do
> > so.
>
> I guess I could do that, but is there any reason not to upgrade to 5.5.4
> directly? Maybe I'm fooled by only the "micro" part of the version number
> changing, but it doesn't sound like a big upgrade…
>
> Roland.

Several other dependencies would also need to be upgraded.  Because of
this, generally takes a while to do even minor version upgrades and to
investigate any newly failing tests in the process.  I am currently
quite overloaded in my Day Job, and have some other RC bugs to address
as well, so I won't realistically be able to do that until at least
June.

Best wishes,

   Julian