Your message dated Tue, 29 Sep 2026 19:20:20 +0000
with message-id <[email protected]>
and subject line Bug#1143644: fixed in brial 1.2.15-1
has caused the Debian Bug report #1143644,
regarding brial: FTBFS with GCC 16
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)


-- 
1143644: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1143644
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: src:brial
Version: 1.2.12-2
Severity: serious
Tags: ftbfs forky sid

Dear maintainer:

During a rebuild of all packages in unstable, this package failed to build.

Below you will find the last part of the build log (probably the most
relevant part, but not necessarily). If required, the full build log
is available here:

https://people.debian.org/~sanvila/build-logs/202608/

About the archive rebuild: The build was made on virtual machines from AWS,
using sbuild and a reduced chroot with only build-essential packages.

If you cannot reproduce the bug please contact me privately, as I
am willing to provide ssh access to a virtual machine where the bug is
fully reproducible.

If this is really a bug in one of the build-depends, please use
reassign and add an affects on src:brial, so that this is still
visible in the BTS web page for this package.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[...]
 debian/rules clean
dh clean
   debian/rules execute_after_dh_auto_clean
make[1]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
dh_auto_clean --buildsystem=pybuild --sourcedirectory=sage-brial
I: pybuild base:385: python3.13 setup.py clean 
'build/bdist.linux-x86_64' does not exist -- can't clean it
'build/scripts-3.13' does not exist -- can't clean it
I: pybuild base:385: python3.14 setup.py clean 
'build/bdist.linux-x86_64' does not exist -- can't clean it
'build/scripts-3.14' does not exist -- can't clean it
make[1]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
   dh_clean
 debian/rules binary
dh binary
   dh_update_autotools_config
   dh_autoreconf
autoreconf: export WARNINGS=
autoreconf: Entering directory '.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: no obvious need to run autopoint
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in '.'.
libtoolize: copying file './ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'm4'.
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'm4/lt~obsolete.m4'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Intltool
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gtkdoc
autoreconf: configure.ac: no need to run autopoint (confirmed)
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:5: installing './ar-lib'
configure.ac:5: installing './compile'
configure.ac:7: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:7: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:4: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:4: installing './missing'
Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
parallel-tests: installing './test-driver'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not running make: --make not given
autoreconf: Leaving directory '.'
   debian/rules override_dh_auto_configure
make[1]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
dh_auto_configure -- --disable-static
        ./configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr 
--includedir=\${prefix}/include --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man 
--infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var 
--disable-option-checking --disable-silent-rules 
--libdir=\${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --runstatedir=/run 
--disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-static
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether sleep supports fractional seconds... yes
checking filesystem timestamp resolution... 0.01
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a race-free mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking xargs -n works... yes
checking whether UID '995' is supported by ustar format... yes
checking whether GID '995' is supported by ustar format... yes
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking whether make supports the include directive... yes (GNU style)
checking for gcc... x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether the compiler supports GNU C... yes
checking whether x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc option to enable C23 features... none needed
checking whether x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc... none
checking for ar... ar
checking the archiver (ar) interface... ar
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /usr/bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc... /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu 
format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... 
func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for file... file
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /usr/bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /usr/bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for stdio.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc linker (/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld 
-m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for gcc... (cached) x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether the compiler supports GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc option to enable C23 features... (cached) 
none needed
checking whether x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... 
(cached) yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) none
checking whether the compiler supports GNU C++... yes
checking whether x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-linux-gnu-g++... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -E
checking for ld used by x86_64-linux-gnu-g++... /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld -m 
elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU 
ld... yes
checking whether the x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld 
-m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld 
-m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ supports C++11 features by default... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking size of void *... 8
checking size of int... 4
checking size of long... 8
checking for boostlib >= 1.58.0 (105800)... yes
checking whether the Boost::Unit_Test_Framework library is available... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for m4ri... yes
checking for egrep -e... (cached) /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for M4RI CFLAGS...  
checking for libpng... yes
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating cudd/Makefile
config.status: creating groebner/Makefile
config.status: creating groebner/include/Makefile
config.status: creating groebner/src/Makefile
config.status: creating libbrial/Makefile
config.status: creating libbrial/include/Makefile
config.status: creating libbrial/src/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/Makefile
config.status: creating config_dummy.h
config.status: creating libbrial/include/polybori/config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
dh_auto_configure --buildsystem=pybuild --sourcedirectory=sage-brial
I: pybuild base:385: python3.13 setup.py config 
I: pybuild base:385: python3.14 setup.py config 
make[1]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
   dh_auto_build
        make -j2
make[1]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
make  all-recursive
make[2]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
Making all in cudd
make[3]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/cudd'
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddAPI.lo cuddAPI.c
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddCache.lo cuddCache.c
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddAPI.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddAPI.o
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddCache.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddCache.o
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddInit.lo cuddInit.c
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddInit.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddInit.o
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddLCache.lo cuddLCache.c
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddLCache.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddLCache.o
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddRef.lo cuddRef.c
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddRef.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddRef.o
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddTable.lo cuddTable.c
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddZddFuncs.lo cuddZddFuncs.c
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddTable.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddTable.o
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddZddFuncs.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddZddFuncs.o
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libbrial/include/polybori  -I../groebner/include 
-I../libbrial/include -I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -g 
-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o cuddZddSetop.lo cuddZddSetop.c
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. 
-I../libbrial/include/polybori -I../groebner/include -I../libbrial/include 
-I../libbrial/include -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c cuddZddSetop.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/cuddZddSetop.o
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc  -g -O2 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. 
-fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat 
-Werror=format-security -fcf-protection  -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -o libcudd.la  
cuddAPI.lo cuddCache.lo cuddInit.lo cuddLCache.lo cuddRef.lo cuddTable.lo 
cuddZddFuncs.lo cuddZddSetop.lo  
libtool: link: ar cr .libs/libcudd.a .libs/cuddAPI.o .libs/cuddCache.o 
.libs/cuddInit.o .libs/cuddLCache.o .libs/cuddRef.o .libs/cuddTable.o 
.libs/cuddZddFuncs.o .libs/cuddZddSetop.o 
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libcudd.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libcudd.la" && ln -s "../libcudd.la" 
"libcudd.la" )
make[3]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/cudd'
Making all in libbrial
make[3]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/libbrial'
Making all in src
make[4]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/libbrial/src'
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BlockDegLexOrder.lo BlockDegLexOrder.cc
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BlockDegRevLexAscOrder.lo BlockDegRevLexAscOrder.cc
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BlockDegRevLexAscOrder.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BlockDegRevLexAscOrder.o
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BlockDegLexOrder.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BlockDegLexOrder.o
In file included from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/COrderingFacade.h:22,
                 from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/CBlockOrderingFacade.h:19,
                 from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BlockDegRevLexAscOrder.h:23,
                 from BlockDegRevLexAscOrder.cc:18:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
In file included from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/COrderingFacade.h:22,
                 from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/CBlockOrderingFacade.h:19,
                 from ../../libbrial/include/polybori/BlockDegLexOrder.h:22,
                 from BlockDegLexOrder.cc:18:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BooleEnv.lo BooleEnv.cc
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BooleEnv.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BooleEnv.o
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BooleExponent.lo BooleExponent.cc
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BooleExponent.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BooleExponent.o
In file included from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/COrderingBase.h:22,
                 from BooleEnv.cc:20:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
In file included from ../../libbrial/include/polybori/BooleMonomial.h:25,
                 from ../../libbrial/include/polybori/BooleExponent.h:24,
                 from BooleExponent.cc:20:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BooleMonomial.lo BooleMonomial.cc
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BooleMonomial.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BooleMonomial.o
In file included from ../../libbrial/include/polybori/BooleMonomial.h:25,
                 from BooleMonomial.cc:18:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BoolePolynomial.lo BoolePolynomial.cc
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BoolePolynomial.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BoolePolynomial.o
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../libbrial/include/polybori  
-I../../groebner/include -I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include 
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c -o 
BoolePolyRing.lo BoolePolyRing.cc
libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. 
-I../../libbrial/include/polybori -I../../groebner/include 
-I../../libbrial/include -I../../libbrial/include -Wdate-time 
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -ftemplate-depth-100 -g -O2 
-ffile-prefix-map=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>=. -fstack-protector-strong 
-fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -c 
BoolePolyRing.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/BoolePolyRing.o
In file included from BoolePolynomial.cc:27:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/c++/16/numeric:64,
                 from BoolePolynomial.cc:20:
/usr/include/c++/16/bits/stl_numeric.h: In instantiation of 'constexpr _Tp 
std::accumulate(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, _Tp, _BinaryOperation) [with 
_InputIterator = polybori::CGenericIter<polybori::LexOrder, 
polybori::CCuddNavigator, int>; _Tp = long unsigned int; _BinaryOperation = 
polybori::AddEliminationDegree<long unsigned int>]':
BoolePolynomial.cc:813:25:   required from here
  813 |   return std::accumulate( degBegin(), degEnd(), size_type(0),
      |          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  814 |                           AddEliminationDegree<size_type>(leadDeg()) );
      |                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/c++/16/bits/stl_numeric.h:168:29: error: no match for call to 
'(polybori::AddEliminationDegree<long unsigned int>) 
(std::remove_reference<long unsigned int&>::type, 
boost::iterators::detail::iterator_facade_base<polybori::CTermIter<polybori::CTermStack<polybori::CCuddNavigator,
 std::forward_iterator_tag, polybori::internal_tag>, 
polybori::CTermGenerator<int> >, int, std::forward_iterator_tag, int, long int, 
false, false>::reference)'
  168 |         __init = __binary_op(_GLIBCXX_MOVE_IF_20(__init), *__first);
      |                  ~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • there is 1 candidate
    BoolePolynomial.cc:767:7:
      767 | class AddEliminationDegree {
          |       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • candidate 1: 'polybori::AddEliminationDegree<SizeType>::size_type& 
polybori::AddEliminationDegree<SizeType>::operator()(size_type&, size_type) 
[with SizeType = long unsigned int; size_type = long unsigned int]' (near match)
      BoolePolynomial.cc:776:14:
        776 |   size_type& operator()(size_type& rhs, size_type lhs) {
            |              ^~~~~~~~
      • conversion of argument 1 would be ill-formed:
      • error: cannot bind non-const lvalue reference of type 
'polybori::AddEliminationDegree<long unsigned int>::size_type&' {aka 'long 
unsigned int&'} to an rvalue of type 'std::remove_reference<long unsigned 
int&>::type' {aka 'long unsigned int'}
make[4]: *** [Makefile:467: BoolePolynomial.lo] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/COrderingBase.h:22,
                 from 
../../libbrial/include/polybori/orderings/pbori_order.h:22,
                 from BoolePolyRing.cc:26:
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h: In function 
'polybori::CAuxTypes::bool_type polybori::operator==(CAuxTypes::bool_type, 
const BoolePolynomial&)':
../../libbrial/include/polybori/BoolePolynomial.h:581:15: warning: in C++20 
this comparison calls the current function recursively with reversed arguments
  581 |   return (rhs == lhs);
      |           ~~~~^~~~~~
make[4]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/libbrial/src'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:380: all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/libbrial'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:590: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:442: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>'
dh_auto_build: error: make -j2 returned exit code 2
make: *** [debian/rules:6: binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess failed with exit 
status 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Source: brial
Source-Version: 1.2.15-1
Done: Maximiliano Curia <[email protected]>

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
brial, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [email protected],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Maximiliano Curia <[email protected]> (supplier of updated brial package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [email protected])


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Format: 1.8
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2026 21:00:37 +0200
Source: brial
Architecture: source
Version: 1.2.15-1
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Debian Science Maintainers 
<[email protected]>
Changed-By: Maximiliano Curia <[email protected]>
Closes: 1143644
Changes:
 brial (1.2.15-1) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * Team upload
   * New upstream release.
     - Refresh fix_ftbfs_m4ri_cflags_substitution.patch
     - Install brial.pc
     - Add fix_brial_pc_m4ri_cflags.patch
   * Add symbols files
   * Add upstream patch fix_c++20_compilation.patch (Closes: #1143644)
   * Rework autopkgtests, stop depending on sagemath
   * Drop python3-brial, provided by python3-sage
   * Drop python related patches
   * Drop unused build dependencies
   * Bump Standards-Version to 4.7.4
   * Remove unused lintian overrides
   * Drop redundant Priority and Rules-Requires-Root fields
Checksums-Sha1:
 cf75eff6d006c3c7ad454bdc3d3414af6ef90678 2364 brial_1.2.15-1.dsc
 318b85998de5ca0cbfe642727b5f99e9ab65dfaf 1675847 brial_1.2.15.orig.tar.gz
 ae1192970ad8b0d71aa9251f6e255256b3e05573 23556 brial_1.2.15-1.debian.tar.xz
 bbc4f8cb8d91f2fddee738ca9324c2d87000d705 7353 brial_1.2.15-1_source.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 e7726d679ff0b0c3a9b9da7376afa687d73413ad323b498322813b9002b8159f 2364 
brial_1.2.15-1.dsc
 12b506a93b04753960f91270f3730c847e215616a21fa9b2b990b7529b606098 1675847 
brial_1.2.15.orig.tar.gz
 a2c358a64f623655d883aaceed6e5537d0ac730123d30c14e314995be680dbef 23556 
brial_1.2.15-1.debian.tar.xz
 135cc172f9d77ece3d27cdeaecfa6bfee83af162319697351ca61bc34d8769fd 7353 
brial_1.2.15-1_source.buildinfo
Files:
 1552c9be39de3ec221d7a9392c7141e9 2364 math optional brial_1.2.15-1.dsc
 76c7c637e3bc7c799a739687a9482d60 1675847 math optional brial_1.2.15.orig.tar.gz
 ca16c758b37a40e2922b1509c7a78be8 23556 math optional 
brial_1.2.15-1.debian.tar.xz
 96695d68495bfea4babe6b7cb8e32d38 7353 math optional 
brial_1.2.15-1_source.buildinfo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=2g1G
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Attachment: pgpbA87NQ1KNS.pgp
Description: PGP signature


--- End Message ---
-- 
debian-science-maintainers mailing list
[email protected]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/debian-science-maintainers

Reply via email to