I've never seen this before in sdformat upstream project or our own building farms. The fact that only odd tests are failing is because the even ones are just checkers of the output of the test run before. So the conclusion is: all of them are returning a timeout.

May I have access to the building log? What command is exactly being run during the test phase?

Thanks!