Hi Maximiliano, Sylvestre,

Le lundi 29 février 2016 à 10:24 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Le 29/02/2016 à 09:54, Maximiliano Curia a écrit :
> >
> > Control: block 816260 by 749833
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > As a request from the release team I have removed the dependency of scilab
> > from cantor, I'm adding this block to the corresponding bug in cantor as
> > way
> > to remember to reenable the backend once the problem is fixed.
> >
> > Also, since there is a patch available upstream that's being stale for
> > review
> > for sometime now, wouldn't it be feasible to upload a patched scilab to
> > experimental as a way to gather some testers/reviewers?
> >
> > Happy hacking,
> Clément, François, could you help here?
> Thanks
>
> Sylvestre

The current patch on the codereview is incomplete and will not provide a decent
implementation for
now. You can provide a patched version for the 5.x family to iterate on the
current patch
implementation. We will be happy to help you rebasing / validating it !

To conforms to the open-source licence, the problematic files will be removed
before the 6.0.0
release. And the functionality will be present by either using a scilab
implementation (eg. based on
the patchset) or RpolyPlusPlus [1] .

[1]: https://github.com/sweeneychris/RpolyPlusPlus

--