Control: tags 850190 pending

Hi Frederic-Emmanuel,

On 01/13/17 16:08, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
>> Once I fixed 850190,
>
> Do you think that you will fix this bug before next week in order to
> let me enought time to fix tango and upload it.

I really hope I can upload this weekend. I have code that I believe does
what I want. I am in the process of testing it.

>> I believe that ought to work, although that is
>> still a hack. I was thinking of doing the "DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS *"
>> calls with the administrator credentials and the rest of the upgrade
>> script with the proper tango credentials. But probably your solution is
>> easier to implement.
>
> I am thinking about this, and I agreed thaht it would be nice to put the fic
> in the postinst, just before the
> dbc_go whcih does the upgrade.
>
> Can you give me an example of how to execute this DROP PROCEDURES IF EXISTS *
> with the dbadmin right in this postinst

If you want to do it outside of dbconfig-common (you write "before the
dbc_go") than I am not going to advice you, because it would be too much
work to find out the proper code (and you would need to call
dbconfig-common internals or duplicate lots of code). What I meant,
instead of the mysql code that runs as user, run a script for the
upgrade (they are run with database administrator credentials) and in
that script do two things: call the DROP PROCEDURES... and then use the
user credentials to run the normal script.

> I am wondering if dbconfig-common could provide something in order to
> execute an sql script everywhen at the request of the maintainer,
>
> dbc_dbuser = dbadmin
> dbc_custom_stript=<path/to/the/sql/script>
> dbc_go tango "runscript"
>
> which run the script with the right database configuration extracted from the
> configuration phase.

Apart from this repair, do you see more use cases? The problem is that
you would need nearly all the logic that is now in dbc_go for this to
work. What I am considering is if I could guarantee the order of
script/user mysql/admin mysql (or the last two reversed). I guess that
if I would guarantee the script to always come first, it would be easier
to solve the tango-db issue at hand (which was originally created by
dbconfig-common).

Paul