Hi Sebastien,

I rolled back history, and had to manually ssh in and hand edit the git
repository on the remote, as pushing with --force is denied by the remote.
[remote rejected] master->master (non fast-forward)

I'm unable to get gbp to generate a byte-for-byte identical tarball,
even if the contents are byte-for-byte identical when unpacked. I'm at a
loss for what to do, as cloning the current repository

$ gbp import-orig  --pristine-tar ../3depict_0.0.20.orig.tar.gz
What is the usptream version? [0.0.20]
gbp:info Successfully imported version 0.0.20 of
../3depict_0.0.20.orig.tar.gz

$ mv 3depict_0.0.20.orig.tar.gz 3depict_0.0.20.orig.tar.gz.real

$ gbp buildpackage -S
Ctrl+C

$sha1sum *gz*
<completely different SHA1 sums>

This must be a bug in gbp (seems unlikely, but I can find no other
explanation??), as it is not doing what it says it should? It claims it
has successfully imported it (and yes it creates a new tag). There is no
debian/ directory present (which AFAIK is correct).

I've refrained from pushing this changeset, as I don't want to have to
redo the remote history edit, for fear of breaking something.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do - there are too many constraints I
cannot satisfy simultaneously. This is either a problem with the tools
or with my understanding of them - they do not appear to do the job they
claim. I'm quite frustrated and have spent far too much time on this - I
don't know what to do.

Thanks, and apologies for taking up your time.