On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:40:26AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>  - Prepare files named 'reference' of 'citation' in the source package.

Did you mean 'reference' *or* 'citation'?  As I argued elsewhere, I
think both are quite different, and both files have their merit.

Also, what format are you now talking about?  For the "references" file,
bibtex format sounds fine, but as elsewhere discussed, it makes less
sense for the "citation" file.  Further, would it be possible to have
a boilerplate comment at the top which would get ignored by the doc-base
stuff, but would be useful for the users browsing
/usr/share/doc/<package>? Something like "For more information regarding
this package, see the following publications: <bibtex>".  If we think
bibtex is too unclear for some users, we could also include a free-form
reference in the comments above the bibtex data.

Michael