Le Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 09:23:46PM +0200, Sandro Tosi a écrit :

> Editors and I, anyhow, decided it would have been too much off-topic
> for the public we are targetting, so we have instead decided to
> present a series of "real world use cases" for matplotlib, situations
> where graphing can be useful. Some examples could be:
>
> - plot data from a database
> - read a csv and plot its data
> - webscraping to plot info on a webpage

Hi Sandro,

with “matplotlib microarray” as keywords, you can find examples on the web that
are related to molecular biology. For instance:

In the following article, the auhors present a software using matplotlib to
plot gene expression data:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/7/194

In the folowing website, matplotlib is used to plot results of quantitative PCR
ananlysis (another way to measure the activity of a gene).
http://www-mci.u-strasbg.fr/mousepat/gene/switcher/NM_009108
http://www-mci.u-strasbg.fr/mousepat/static/matmeth

In this blog, the writer seems to have used matplotlib to monitor his blood
pressure (I guess that he blogs about microarrays in unrelated posts):
http://blog.kzfmix.com/entry/1185866615

Also, apt-cache rdepends python-matplotlib reveals other potential example
providers.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy