We were alerted to some of these messages in the log files and found a page where some
CERT folks described discovering a root hack on their box and these messages in the log
files. None of their other symptoms seems present on my box, though I do have a decent
number of these NOQUEUE messages, sometimes saying from root@localhost and other times
with ip addresses or resolved hosts... I have sendmail: LOCAL in my hosts.allow and
ALL:
ALL in hosts.deny, so I'm wondering how to better prevent what looks like failing
connections to my sendmail server, maybe I'm just confused though..
thanks for any insight.
-l