Greetings!

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:17:56PM +0200, Mikko Kilpikoski wrote:

> Well, here's my list of questions:
>     Are there any free or no cost solutions (for corporate use)?

For exim there is a filter which rejects all mail with directly
executable files attached (ftp.exim.org/pub/filter - or similar).
While not a virus filter it helps protect from stupid mistakes and
overly (virus-)friendly mail clients.

>     Should I go for McAfee, Kaspersky, H+BEDV, Trend Micro, F-Secure or
> something else?

At work we use Trend with good success. It comes with builtin HTTP
proxy and mail gate, so no manual configuration of mail servers needed
for integration. Web interface is nice for Win*-spoiled admins, but
plain config file editing works just as well.

>     Also, which mailserver would you recommend? (I have to learn one
> anyway.)

Postfix or exim. I found exim to be easier to set up - which might
have to do with the not-so-good/extensive docs for postfix...

Bye
        Volker

--

Volker Tanger   [EMAIL PROTECTED]