Hi!

I'm using spamassassin on my system (Pentium-MMX 233 w/ 160Mb RAM), and
it works fine, if I get small amount of messages. But when I get a lot
of messages, the ultra-fast 233MHz processor can not take it, and it
gets very slooow.
My setup looks like this:

I have a 'spam' user, and I've set up postfix, to run a tiny little
script as this 'spam' user. This script accepts messages thru the
stdin, and it filters the message thru the spamd daemon with the spamc
client. After the filtering, it sends the message using the
'sendmail' (postfix's sendmail) program.

So when I'm getting a large amount of messages there is approx. 15-20
spamc/spamd running. I want to limit this to ~5. How can I do this. The
spam user's passwd entry looks like this:

spam:x:2528:2528:spamd:/no/where:/no/shell

It has no shell, so I can not use the ulimit function in bash. But what
else could I do?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

--