Quoting s. keeling ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> The problem here is the nitwit factor.

Yes, well, a bunch of us have been keeping an eye on Linux MUAs and
default mailcap behaviour for 10+ years, to make sure zeal for
simplicity doesn't lead coders or distro assemblers to do something
dumb.  Thus my question of the other poster.

I wasn't going to hold my breath waiting for a qualifying, valid
response of the "Why certainly; please have a look at this" variety,
but much can happen in a wide universe.  At that point, appropriate
cluebats get deployed, etc.

> I say again to the original poster, get a better MUA, running on a
> better OS.

Quite.

--
Cheers,                                      Hardware:  The part you kick.
Rick Moen                                    Software:  The part you boot.