On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 03:34:32PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
(...)

> but more importantly, if the question was how to secure bind, then let's
> not secure it by substituting... bind is still the #1 nameserver, and a
> thread like this (even though argued a million times) can be quite
> informative.

        The way to avoid this kind of threads over and over again is to
*document*
them. I find that there are quite a number of people willing to answer emails
in the
list but not willing to take some time and *write* about it.

        If anyone feels like writting a few paragraphs on how to secure BIND,
improving
the existing documentation (of course, the Debian Security HOWTO), feel free to
send me
any material worth adding.

        Regards

        Javi