Hi, Domonkos

Thank you very much for your advice. However, I think this is not my case:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ free
Mem:        248880     243912       4968          0       3744     155060
-/+ buffers/cache:      85108     163772
Swap:       530136       2680     527456

Also, my logfiles ARE rotating. However, I guess I'll wait until bind fails
again, and then (before restartint it) I'll try to figure out what's
happening.

In addition, I have just remembered that I'm running kernel 2.4.20-rc1. A big
fault, mea culpa. The reason for running this kernel is that some time ago we
had a lot of problems, we were using 2.4.19 and I wanted to update to a newer
kernel ASAP (finally those problems were due to a faulty RAM module, and
that's already solved). As soon as I can, I'll update to 2.4.20.

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

        Pope

--