Hello there,
I'm a new user of the great Debian distro for my Desktop. But when I talked to
a friend and I told him, that I'm using Debian (Wheezy) for my desktop
computer, he told me that I shoudn't use it because it is not secure. He told
me to use Ubuntu instead. He explained that with the fact, that Ubuntu has more
security features enabled than Debian (also more compiler flags for security)
in a fresh install. He gave me a link to the following site:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Features

So, I'm very happy with Debian but because my friend seems to be an expert for
Linux, I don't know if I can use Debian. Can you tell me which of the security
features promoted by Ubuntu are also enabled in Debian?

Thank you very much!

Brigitte Herzog