On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Pavlos K. Ponos wrote:

> Since the latest gcc version for Wheezy is the 4.7 and Chromium "moves" to
> 4.8, what shall we do?

Follow the advice in DSA-3148-1: upgrade to jessie or switch to the
iceweasel web browser.

> Till the next stable release (Jessie), are we vulnerable to security issues?

If you continue to use chromium from Debian wheezy yes.

> this goes against the "stable philosophy" of Debian, at least in its stable
> version.

The policy for Debian stable has limits based in the reality of
software development.

> So, what are the alternatives in our case?

Upgrade to jessie or switch to another web browser.

> Maybe it sound a "stupid" question but what about if we keep track of
> backports and proposed updates in Wheezy?

chromium was already being backported to wheezy for security updates,
the latest versions need newer compilers so we can't backport any
more.

--
bye,
pabs