An 'in-path' TCP session attack is typically called being
man-in-the-middled or MitM'd. Encrypted and signed transport security
protocols, e.g., SSL, TLS, SSH, thwart this, and prevent guessing a
sequence number from doing anything more than a DoS by resetting the
connection. But someone who's man-in-the-middling you can DoS you anyway,
by just not sending the packets they intercept to their destination.

--
OpenPGP Public Key Fingerprint: A1BE CD54 A9B9 ADDB EE8B  35E5 1F6D 61B4
0C5E 2AB