> they get one and only one chance to do something that stupid.

So the answer is that we have no way of preventing a developer from
intentionally sabotaging a package in any / as many ways as they choose and
the only risk to them is losing their uploader access after the fact?

>the response is swift: there was a debian developer wrongfully arrested
for running a TOR exit node. their key was revoked immediately.

How was this incident detected?