On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 05:01:18PM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> If the kernel is dynamically linked, that certainly sounds like a
> problem!
>

> cd /usr/src/linux && rm vmlinux && make vmlinux
/usr/src/linux/vmlinux? That's it! I'm used to kernels being in
arch/<arch>/boot, so I've been using vmlinux.o from there (I was wondering
why it left the .o there, but didn't think much else of it). (It's always
little things like this that troubles me...)

> to do the final linking again and see what command is being run for the
> final link (something like "ld ... -o vmlinux").
yes, it doesn't an ld -m ...

Aweseome, thanks so much!

Running 2.2.9 now,
--
Chris
<- Visit Me At <http://www.frostnet.advicom.net/chris/> ->

                                Public PGP Key:
     Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the subject "retrieve pgpkey" or
        visit <http://www.frostnet.advicom.net/chris/about/pgp_key.phtml>