On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Roy Bixler wrote:

> > I do have 'ncpfs' compiled into the kernel as a module.  The really
> > bizarre thing about this is that the 'mount' version appears to be the
> > same (2.11) on both the old '386 box and the new Sparc.  Ideas?
>
> I should have also noted that I am using a stock 2.4.19 kernel.
I tried several 2.4.x kernels because of some other problems.  Anywhere
between 2.4.9 and 2.4.16 NCPFS stopped working.  (Note I'm not really
sure wether 2.4.9 really worked - but I definitely had my Sparc running
with NCPFS - perhaps it was a 2.2.x series kernel.)  Sorry - I was to
busy with other stuff to track down the problem but I can commit that
NCPFS is currently broken on Sparc.

Kind regards

         Andreas.