Hello,

I am hoping for a little advice. I am trying to install debian on 2 Sun
machines, a Netra x1 and an E420r. What I'd like to be able to do is create a
raid mirror with the disks before the system is installed. i.e. install debain
onto a mirror, rather than creating the mirror after the install.

I have been using some of the latest installers and notice that there is now an
option within the partitioning menu to create software raid, when I select this
option I am told that the kernel does not support it.

Is there a Sparc installer out there that has the software raid partitioning
option, and a kernel that will support it? If there is no installer available
at present, how long am I likely to have to wait before one appears, and where
is it likely to turn up?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Regards

Richard