On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:10:24AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > For the pointer, use dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to select
> > /dev/sunmouse as pointer device with protocol BusMouse, usually no
> > scroll events, and no 3-button emulation.
>
> If I use these settings, X fails to start. If I choose /dev/psaux X
> will start, i.e. I can login, using keyboard, but no mouse. After
> typing username/password system starts login but halfway through, it
> stops. Maybe I'm not patient enough, but with the 2.4 I would have
> seen the desktop already.

Changed a bit on kernel and now I've got the mouse working as well
(/dev/psaux and PS/2).

But the login still halts. Normally all these icons appear in the
dialog box that indicate things are loaded (beats me what, I never pay
attention to that). Gnome fails to do so, but I cannot see what is
going wrong. Anyone any ideas or leads? It has something to do with
switching to the 2.6 kernel, because with the 2.4 everything worked
just fine. Thanks.

Erik