Hi,

Yesterday, 21 hours, 3 minutes, 57 seconds ago, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I'm using the latest and greatest installer, with a 2.4 kernel though:
>
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-sparc/20051026/images/sparc32/netboot/boot.img
> MD5: da03e8b5b6a1bfd577a29aef14d26dd4
>
> The installation is not over yet but it seems to be working well, except
> that it did not automatically find out which driver to use for the
> Ethernet card (`sunlance'), nor for the hard drive (`esp').

Actually, this installer has a couple of other problems.  It was unable
to properly finish the base install because some packages, namely
`dash', `cramfsprogs' and `initrd-tools', could not be authenticated.  I
installed them by hand using `apt-install -y --force-yes' but then, for
some reason, it was unable to install SILO.

I finally went on with the latest Sarge installer, with a 2.4 kernel,
and everything went fine:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-sparc/20050305/images/sparc32/netboot/boot.img
MD5: 87517ffdb910a83c848f4c9b6f75cc39

Thanks,
Ludovic.