On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 06:14:03PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Jurij Smakov <ju...@wooyd.org>
> Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 23:04:02 +0000
>
> > If you could compile and run it on your machine, it would be very
> > interesting to see whether you'll get /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyHV0 (on my
> > machine sunsab driver is used, and it's using 'ttyS' as prefix for
> > both). At least, this potentially allows us to do a proper fix in the
> > next release.
>
> The test program correctly gives /dev/ttyS0 on my machine.

By now various fixes for this issue have made it into testing and
unstable, so I believe that the daily Debian installer builds (for
example, [0]) should work correctly on your machine and add a getty
line for serial console in /etc/inittab.

If you could confirm that the issue is fixed, it would be appreciated.

[0]
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/sparc/iso-cd/debian-testing-sparc-netinst.iso

Best regards,
--