I forget the details of SILO, but the first stage (512-byte program) simply
loads stage 2, which is just the program 'silo' itself, I thought. That
probably doesn't change much version-to-version. [Others: please correct me
if I am mistaken!] In that case, perhaps you could backup the old `silo`
binary and replace it with the newest one? I would think that if you had a
USB port you could do this pretty easily using a flash drive (perhaps PCI
USB card + flash drive, like I had in my Ultra 10), but if not, you might
be able to utilize tftp and pull it from a server using BusyBox.

Patrick