Hi,

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 07:15:40PM +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-12-13 at 15:19 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > prominent place which will be seen as systemd's fault by a gazillion
> > of people, including me.
>
> Could you please place that systemd hatred somewhere else

Please try to take matter-of-fact criticism not as hatred. I do
actually like some of systemd's concepts.

> ssh sessions were in principle not separately killed off during sysvinit
> either, and just got so by accident early enough, which is not the case
> in systemd, as it shut downs the system more concurrently.

systemd's behavior has some clear disadvantages which show themselves
evidently in server management.

> There is a bug open to deal with that issue (which won't affect you
> anyway when you don't switch to it).

I _want_ to switch to systemd. Before I do so, I'd like to get rid of
some nuisances. Nuisances are not the side effect of switching to
systemd, they are the side effect of every switch that is done. Most
software projects deal with those reports professionally without
taking the critique personally.

Greetings
Marc