On 30/08/2024 17:11, Colin Watson wrote:
This is now implemented in Debian unstable.  I called the packages
openssh-client-gssapi and openssh-server-gssapi, with the intention of
splitting out both GSS-API authentication and key exchange support
later: that is, in trixie+1 I intend to build openssh without
--with-kerberos5 as well as dropping the key exchange patch from the
main packages, and you'd have to use openssh-*-gssapi for either
function.

I need clarification please. If I want to retain GSS-API support, should I:

1) install only openssh-client-gssapi (assuming it will provide the full client + support for GSS-API, and maybe conflict with openssh-client)

2) install openssh-client + openssh-client-gssapi (assuming openssh-client-gssapi will only contain extra libraries that will be loaded by the ssh client, and maybe will NOT even depend on openssh-client, who knows)

My understanding at the moment is that it's going to be option 1), but I'd like to make sure.

Thanks in advance,

--
Arnaud Rebillout / OffSec / Kali Linux Developer