On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:28:27 -0700
ben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> it's great that you get around to making linux a part of your computing
> day, and you have a point in that regular desktop users who want all the
> bells and whistles seem to be accommodated more by microsoft than by any
> of the available linux distros right now. the point is that a lot of
> that accommodation is achieved by the cyber equivalent of smoke and
> mirrors where the actual cost to you and everyone else is kept out of
> sight.

<snip>

An excellent piece of prose!! Cheers Ben - your arguments make a lot of
sense and I do agree with what you say. Maybe I hadn't realised the strong
connection between Microsoft and the non-display of certain web pages - I
suppose it is like the tip of an iceberg. I use Linux for all the reasons
you state and as head of ICT in a UK school I resist MS products where
possible. It could indeed be my cue to do something positive.

Thank you for your superb reply!

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux

/"\
\ /   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
 X    AGAINST HTML MAIL AND NEWS
/ \

--
Zum AUSTRAGEN schicken Sie eine Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED]