On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 00:47:00 +0100
Matthew Claridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is my first day using Debian and I've got everything installed and
> working and I've even found a load of the configuration stuff, but the
> one thing I can't fix is my soundcard. This is my system:
>
> Debian Woody with 2.4.18bf2.4 kernel
> Soundblaster Live! soundcard
> Running Gnome on top of Enlightenment

I would suggest using the alsa sound drivers. However this will require
either compiling the modules from the source (package available) or
switching to a kernel-image version that has available paired alsa-modules
package (packages available).  If you'd like, I can provide a working alsa
configuration for the SB Live! card.

--
Jamin W. Collins