On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:46:34 -0400
"jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 4.x.x.x 4000 -R 192.168.1.11 4000
>
> now then... i had to manually put in my $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE (the
> 4.x.x.x) because for some reason, ipmasqadm won't accept the variable.

Hmmm, ipmasqadm has nothing to do with the variable.  The variable should
be expanded by your shell prior ot the command execution.  What happens
when you try to use the variable in place of the actual IP.  Have you
verified that the variable contains that correct information, and nothing
more, just before the execution of this command.  If you are using bash,
have you tried adding a '-x' after the #!/bin/bash at the top of the
script?

--
Jamin W. Collins