Hei,

A friend of mine is going to have a broadband connection at home. He
already has a Pentium II 350 Mhz that he uses as desktop and server
running Red Hat. He uses the machine for some personal development and
wants to use it as a web/file server once he gets his broadband
connection at the end of the month. The Red Hat machine is in his
basement, and he will use it as a gateway for the laptop running WXP he
got from his work, so that he can surf from his apartment while hiding
geek stuff away from his computer unfriendly girl-friend :)

He managed to get hold on a pentium 90 with 64 Mo and a 3 Go Hard disks.
He is interested in loading Debian on it, but we don't have a perfect
use for it right now.

If he uses the new machine as file/web server, the small hard disk
capacity will limit it. He can limit its use for NAT/forewall etc.. and
use his current server as file/web server. But then he needs to have
both machines on all the time.

We are trying to find a use for this machine.
I had two ideas:
- backup/replicate of the server (in case)
- honey pot but I don't think he will be interested in it.

Any other idea?

Jerome