* Peter Hugosson-Miller ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [020917 11:38]:
> I have just purchased a complete set of 14 Woody CDs (7 binary, 7

> Does anyone have a suggestion of how to check the integrity of the
> complete set? I first thought of a recursive directory listing, which

> can't figure out a foolproof method myself. My only vague idea was to
> make a chacksum of all the files on the disk, but I don't know how (yet)
> and I'd need som real checksums to check them against ;-).

Get the checksums for the entire disc images from the cdimage site and
check that.  Don't bother with trying to check each individual file and
directory, just check that the whole image matches.  If it doesn't, then
think about digging deeper to find out what differs, or simply contact
the vendor to see why they differ, and if your checksum matches what
they think it should be.

good times,
--
Vineet