Jeff Maxson wrote:

>So for those of us who don't have OO or MSWord, what is the letter
>about?  Why the exitement?

Nothing really. Try 'strings WordDoc.doc | less' which  usually works
for me when I want to read bits of a word document. If the whole point
of this is to prove that someone else wrote, edited or viewed the
document it won't prove much. The author could have opened the file,
deleted all the contents and started to write the letter. The author
might have done this to use the header which is an image. And the
machine used might not be registered in the author's name. I frequently
use other people's machines.

Tim.