On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 06:58:21PM +0200, chainy wrote:

> I cannot use cdrdao directly to copy cd's because I have problems extracting
> the tracks, it seems like the drivers in it wont fit with my CD-ROM drive.
>
> Anyone knows how to record an audio CD in DAO mode (to eliminate the 2
> seccond gap between tracks), If I already have the tracks extracted?

First of all, what drivers on cdrdao are you using?  It uses (or used,
because it might have changed) cdparanoia to extract the tracks.  Try
using the drivers generic-mmc-raw and generic-mmc in that order.  I
found that my DVD drive is generic-mmc and my CD-R is generic-mmc-raw,
but ymmv.

Having answered that, if you've extracted the tracks with cdparanoia or
cdda2wav, you just need to write a toc file.  The specificiations for
which is in the cdrdao man page.  Or you can fire up gcdmaster and
create a project using it's GUI.

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735