Frans Pop wrote:

> Congratulations and thanks!
> This solves my thread "EXIM - DNS problem" as well.

I hadn't seen that thread (am not on the list, only read the
archive on debian.org), but it is interesting, because you have a
nameserver and IPv6 enabled, both of which I don't have. And still
basically the same problem.

> I just added the extra lines for my hosts, and bingo, my nameserver
 > doesn't get bothered by unqualified names anymore!

Great!

> Are you going to file a bug on this?

There doesn't seem to be much point in this. When I asked about
this on debian-ipv6 (the developers list) no less an authority
than Wichert Akkerman said that it was "a feature", not a bug.

I assume he meant it ironically, so the problem is already known
in "higher circles". And if not, it's useless to file a bug ;-)

Regards, Jan