[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sven Hartrumpf) writes:

> I have installed packages using aptitude when my / partition filled up
> by some /etc ... files (from CUPS packages).
> Installation failed therefore.
> Now, everytime I call aptitude I get:
> "Apt errors: Warning: could not lock the cache file. Opening in read-only
> mode"
> and therefore can not de/select anything in aptitude.
> I have found some lock files for apt and deleted them. But this did not
> solve the problem.
> Any ideas?

I had a similar problem due to a hardware failure during upgrade.
In desperation, I ran dselect, which also failed, but told me what
I needed to run to solve the problem. Sorry, I do not remember the
command.

Paul

--
*  For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*  that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *