No response the first time.  Reposting...

Hi,

I've successfully applied the LPP kernel patch before.  But this time
around it isn't working.  I do see the Debian graphical screen at
bootup.  But it's immediately frozen with no progress indicated and
two LED's flashing on my Microsoft keyboard.  When I forced console
messages back to tty1 I saw the following kernel panic:

<0> Kernel panic
<4> keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present? (00)

It's not finding my keyboard!  If I change to a non-framebuffer boot,
e.g. vga=0x30C, everything's fine.  Why would the keyboard be failing
when using the framebuffer and be ok otherwise?

There is a chance it's a badly applied patch.  I vaguely remember one
hunk that needed to work slightly harder to get applied when running
patch.  There were no patch errors.

Other info:
  Kernel: 2.4.19
  Patches (in application order): Win4Lin (mki and kernel), low
                                  latency, LPP
  Debian: unstable
  Hardware: P4, ASUS/SiS mb, MS Natural Keyboard Pro (PS/2 port),
            Nvidia GForce 2 video card, MS USB mouse, Advansys SCSI,
            onboard audio and LAN.
  Kernel build tool: make-kpkg

I followed the README and updated rc, rcS, inittab, lilo.conf as per
the instructions.  Remember that I only have problems when booting
graphically.

Anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions?

TIA,
Steve

--