On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:12:54AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I installed vsftpd but am unable to connect to my machine using ftp.  I
> believe my inetd.conf file is correct; it has the line;
> ftp             stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
> /usr/sbin/vsftpd

You could nmap the machine to check on which ports it is listening.

Did you restart inetd after installing and configuring vsftpd?

I use it on a ftp-server with xinetd and it works nicely.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when
      he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which
      the Lord hath promised to them that love him."
                                         James 1:12