Am Mon, 2002-10-07 um 23.39 schrieb David Grant:
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting Apache to work in Woody.  I can
> reach it from http://localhost:8080, but I can't get to it from
> http://<my_ip>:8080.  I've allowed incoming connections to the web port
> 8080 using Guarddog, and I'm fairly positive that is okay.  I've also
> tried port 80 before, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem either.
>  Are there any other possible things that could be causing Apache to not
> allow a connection?

1. is the apache really listening on myip:8080? Listen-directive in the
httpd.conf!

2. tried a simple telnet (without a browser)? exactly a "telnet myip
8080" and hitting a few times enter. this should return a default error
messages produced by apache. do not test this through the router. try it
on the SAME manchine.

3. if everything else is working, try the router config and try a telnet
from outside the lan.

HTH

goofy