u wrote:

>BTW, why don't people put their public keys on key servers like
>pgp.mit.edu? The keys would be propagated to other servers anyway; the
>ones in pgp.net. I believe that would make our lives a bit easier; one
>definition of keyserver in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, we could retrieve others'
>public keys.

why the people dont publish the public keys? hm, i think thats the same
reason why some people open mails from unknown senders with an unknown
attachment. the  word for this is ignorance.

but the mail has a true background which is not restricted only to this
mailing list. also in the "real" private world, where many friends of  me
only send the keys  by mail -- of course if requested only! not published
to key servers  :((

cu