Hi,

For my dialin server setup problem, i just installed mgetty and ppp. I also
made sure my modem is Linux friendly. There's no problem with that.
Wvdialconf can detect it at ttyS0.

In my /etc/mgetty/login.config, I enabled the /AutoPPP/ - a_ppp
/usr/sbin/ppd auth -chap +pap login -detach

In my /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0, it has entry for the IPs.

I also have /etc/ppp/pap-secrets which I use for authentication.

In the /etc/inittab as suggested, I also have the /sbin/mgetty line.

I also perform #kill -SIGHUP 1 to refresh the init.

Now with my problem:
1. I'm using a W2K dial-up client, it doesn't connect to the dialin server.
Error is "port not connected." When I analyse the process, I've noticed
that pppd doesn't fire up automatically as set in the
/etc/mgetty/login.config file (/AutoPPP). This result (for what I think) to
the error message of W2K dialler to "port not connected."

Could you please enlighten me about this? How come W2K client cannot
connect to the dialin server? Do I miss something?

Regards,
Joey