"lameth" == lameth  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    lameth> Okay I've installed cupsys and cupsys-gimp-print. I
    lameth> pointed my browser to http://localhost:631 and set up my
    lameth> epson color stylus 600. When I print a test page it prints
    lameth> beautifully. My problem is none of my programs can use the
    lameth> printer. All of them want to print to lpr or in the case
    lameth> of mozilla, Postscript/default. When I try to print
    lameth> anythiing nothing happens.

Do you have cupsys-bsd installed. Personally, I purged the old lpr and
lpd packages. That way you get the CUPS versions of the lpr command
line tools.

Cheers!
Shyamal