Greetings-

Setting up a new machine, I'm trying to run the openafs client from behind
a firewall.  The machine that is the firewall can use the client fine, but
when I try to start openafs on the machine behind the firewall I get:

joehill:~# /etc/init.d/openafs-client start
Starting AFS services:  afsdfs: Input/output error
.

The openafs module is loaded (version 1.2.5), and I'm running kernel
version 2.4.18, custom-built.

So, two questions:
1.) Is it possible to run an openafs client via NAT? and
2.) If not, is it possible somehow to re-export an AFS filesystem? I'm
thinking then of mounting AFS on the firwall machine and exporting it to
the other machine via NFS.

Thanks.